I have always loved doing my own hair, so much so that I had a hard time giving up that control when I hired a stylist for my wedding day. Thank God I found the most amazing stylist who totally rocked and worked magic on my tresses that day, You can find Emylea’s website and all her amazingness HERE.
One of the things Emylea introduced me to which I was always so skeptical of trying was a curling wand, the Bombay Curling Wand. I had never used a curling wand before and always went for the more traditional curling iron with a clamp. After she used this wand on my hair, I was hooked! I waited for the 5-in-1 curling wand to go on sale and snatched it up as soon as I could. Its been a worthwhile investment ever since with absolutely no issues whatsoever (but you do get a warranty with the tools should you ever need it).
So I figured I would share how I get my hair into perfect curls with this Unicorn tool in a blog post. Here goes ladies:
- Always start curling from the bottom to top, clipping the top half of your hair up in a bun to keep it out of your way.
- Using your 5-in-1 curling wand with the 25 mm. barrel attachment take small strands of hair for each curl and holding the wand upside down, wrap the hair tight around it from your root to your end (its tough to get the hang of how to hold a curling wand the first few times. Holding a styling tool upside down and curling from root to ends was something completely new to me. Give yourself some time and practice to really master it).
- Hold for 10 seconds and let the piece fall naturally (DO NOT pull it, you will lose the curl). These curls will look tiny and tight (shirley temple style) but don’t worry, they’re supposed to! The last step in this tutorial is where the curl transformation really happens.
- Continue this on small strands of hair working your way from the hair underneath to the top of your crown. This may take a while considering you’re using smaller strands but the end result is well worth the effort. I am generally able to keep this style for a few days too so the time & effort really evens out. (Option: You can either wrap the strands the same direction on the wand or alternate. I personally choose to wrap the strands with the curls spinning away from my face, but this is based on personal preference.)
- Once you’ve finished curling your entire head, take a soft bristle brush and brush it all out. This will meld the smaller strands together creating a smoother, softer and fuller look to your hair.
- Set with hair spray or THIS hair oil to smooth (which also helps with hair growth, read all about it HERE) and you’re ready to go!
If you want to try out Bombay’s 5-in-1 curling wand (comes with 5 interchangeable barrel sizes to achieve different looks) that I’ve used to create this look or any other their other products (I personally am eyeing the rose gold flat iron and clamp curling iron) then use my code: BYERS20 at checkout to get 20% off your entire purchase (excludes the Tamanna Hair Styling Set which is 10% off with code BYERS10) .
Shop ‘My Top Picks’ in hair tools HERE **Don’t forget to bring the Discount Code above **
Happy Curling! (or Straightening if thats your jam).
** Click on the image below to PIN & save this page for later **