When I purchase new products I try to educate myself as much as possible in the process. One rule that I will never waiver from is that I always buy cruelty free. Cruelty free products are everywhere nowadays as the terrible violence toward animals becomes more exposed. Sometimes cruelty hides in products we least expect and goes unnoticed. Companies try their best to hide the fact that they test on animals as they’re realizing the aversion towards cruelty based brands. This is why education is the key to eliminating this problem altogether. So to save the little guys in our world, I always promote cruelty free brands on my blog and only use cruelty free brands myself. That being said, I felt I should share one of my favourite cruelty free brands MOTD Cosmetics, and their luxe yet affordable, high quality, rose gold adorned make up brushes (there’s just nothing better). MOTD Cosmetics creates the most beautiful and luxurious make up brushes for the cruelty free beauty. The synthetic fibres used to create the bristles in these brushes are nothing short of lush and they apply make up flawlessly. I am not a make up artist or super enthusiast, so choosing make up brushes has always been a challenge for me. I never knew which brush to choose when standing in a store gazing at a wall of varying sizes and shapes. Little did I know, these beauties were exactly what I needed. Every brush in the MOTD line is adorned with a beautiful rose gold ferrule, the handles are a gorgeous matte black and the bristles are a black-faded to-white ombre. Each brush is enscripted with rose gold writing that denotes the cheekiest of sayings to remind you of its function. They do a really great job at picking up pigment, whether it’s liquid foundation or powdered shadows and blushes. MOTD have clearly done their research in terms of the function of each brush and what the density, shape, and length of the bristles should be. Using these brushes is basically fool proof, not to mention they are at an incredibly affordable cost. Being used by make up artists, beauty bloggers, and vegan beauties everywhere.. they truly are loved!
‘MOTD Cosmetics’ Brushes pictured with Vegan brush cleanser ‘Prism Brush Bar’
While I cant exactly pass you one of these brushes through the computer screen, I really wanted to depict how beautiful and well made these brushes are. So I figured I would share some mini reviews on a few of my ‘favourites’ from the collection (though it was so hard to choose, as I truly love them all):
- Supermodel sculpt: This is a brush for contouring. This is a makeup trick that I am just learning how to perfect. There are dozens of video tutorials on how to apply pigment to add definition to specific areas of your face.. but unfortunately, unless you have the right tools, you aren’t going to get anywhere near the finishes you want. Luckily, I received this brush just in time as i was struggling with how to add just enough pigment to my cheekbones. This brush picked up the makeup perfectly and was the perfect size to place just enough colour where it was required. I am now able to contour with ease and owe it to the careful construction of this particular brush.
- Miss shady lady: As the name would suggest, this brush is meant for eye shadows. This is an area of makeup I understand and have used many different types of brushes to apply to the eyelids. This brush has just enough density to apply the shadow so it sticks but at the same time the bristles aren’t too hard that the powder falls from the brush. This leaves you with beautiful pigment and density in colour whether you’re going for a smokey eye or a more natural look.
- Eye catching crease: Another magic tool for the eyes. This brush is meant to apply shadow in the creases and is a perfect tool for perfecting a smokey eye. As most women know, the smokey eye requires some serious patience as too much shadow can leave you looking like a panda bear and too little creates the “next morning” appearance. Black shadow is no joke, and this tool seemed to be very helpful for this application. As I stated above, it’s bristles are the perfect density and softness for the job. MOTD certainly has paid attention to the construction of their brushes and that is something I am very impressed with!
- Straight to the point: I use this brush to apply eye liner. I am no longer a pencil liner type gal and so, I turn to brushes such as this to pick up product from colour pots or darker eye shadow palettes, creating a perfectly defined looking eye. This brush is fine but strong, exactly what you need in a liner brush. It could create a precise cat eye liner or more blended natural look. ‘Straight to the point’ is definitely a multi-tasker in the eye lining department!
- Beauty & the Base: This brush is by far my favourite of them all. It applies foundation like a dream and does not leave streaking or uneven patching. I actually used to apply my foundation with my hands (yep, guilty of that beauty blunder) but now that I use a brush I find that makeup applies much better. I also use this brush to apply BB creams if I want to forgo foundation for that particular day. This brush is a must have for anyone who wants that glowing, flawless, even toned skin.
- Set & Go: This brush is meant for setting powders. It is the last step in my make up routine. This brush is SO soft and much less dense than the others, as its meant to finish the look with a setting powder or powdered foundation. Due to its feathery texture, it doesn’t cake on the powder but lightly dusts to lengthen your wearing time and eliminate any excess oil in your skin. Consider this brush a setting brush and blotting paper all in one.
These brushes are nothing short of magical. I’ve used them everyday for almost a year and their quality has been completely upheld. To check out all of the different brushes and set bundles in the MOTD collection visit www.motdcosmetics.com. Use code ‘BLOOM’ to receive 10% off your entire order.