I am a big fan of anything avocado. That being said, I can’t bring myself to just eat them plain all the time, you need to spice things up sometimes. So, I decided to share one of my favourite warm salads with you all. It is vegan, gluten free and packed with healthy fats (something that a LOT of people are missing from their diets). I decided to write up a separate blog for the Hemp & Garlic Avocado Dressing as it can be used for more than just this salad. You can find the recipe for the dressing HERE.
- 1 bunch of Asparagus
- Avocado Oil
- 1 Avocado
- 1 can of Chickpeas
- Salt & Pepper
- Chill powder
- Wash and chop the ends off of the asparagus
- Lay out flat on a baking sheet and drizzle with avocado oil, salt and pepper
- Roast the asparagus for 20 minutes at 350 degrees (or till desired crispiness)
- Strain and wash chickpeas and lay flat on a baking sheet
- drizzle with avocado oil, salt, pepper and chill powder
- Roads chickpeas for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees
- Chop an avocado and place at the bottom of a serving bowl, add roast asparagus and chill chickpeas on top.
- Top the warm salad with fresh 'Hemp & Garlic Avocado Dressing' (Recipe for this can be found on www.Bloomandclementine.com)
This recipe is quick and easy to make with minimal ingredients. Its packed with nutrition and its delicious to boot! This is a staple lunch during the week to get a high amount of healthy fats into my diet. For women, it can be a great option during ovulation and the week before your menstrual cycle to support your hormones as they shift.
– PIN any image below to save this recipe for later!-