This dish is one that I came up with when I was in need of some extra antioxidants and proteins in my diet. I love quinoa salads and so I decided to get creative and incorporate protein rich quinoa & hemp hearts with some superfood vegetables and spices. This is a great option for lunch as it has all the important makings of a healthy meal: complex carbs, digestible protein, superfood worthy vegetables, antioxidants and fat burning spices. This recipe is vegan, gluten free and dairy free.. not to mention, super delicious! Hope you enjoy!
Vegan Turmeric & Cinnamon Buddha Bowl
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Sweet Potatoe
- 1/2 Bunch of Kale
- 8-10 Stalks of Asparagus
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Avocado
- 1/8 Cup Hemp hearts (optional)
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Chop Onions, Sweet Potatoe, Kale, Asparagus and set aside.
- Mince garlic cloves and set aside.
- In a medium pot cook 1 cup of Quinoa with 2 cups filtered water and set aside once finished
- (Optional: Toss in 1/8 cup of raw hemp hearts into quinoa after its been cooked for extra nutrition)
- In a large pan add Coconut oil and bring heat to medium
- Add chopped Onions, Sweet potatoes, Kale, Asparagus, Garlic and toss as needed.
- In pan, add a dash of each: Salt, Pepper, Cinnamon
- Cook vegetables in pan until soft (or cooked to your liking)
- In a small container combine Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Salt, Pepper, Turmeric, Cinnamon and stir
- Mix this sauce in with your cooked Quinoa
- In a single serve bowl, place 1/2 cup quinoa at bottom and top with 1/2 cup cooked veggies
- Top your buddha bowl with 1/2 of an avocado as a garnish
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below to your Pinterest Boards for safe keeping!