This dish is one that I came up with when I was in need of some extra antioxidants and proteins in my diet. I love quinoa salads and so I decided to get creative and incorporate protein rich quinoa & hemp hearts with some superfood vegetables and spices. This is a great option for lunch as it has all the important makings of a healthy meal: complex carbs, digestible protein, superfood worthy vegetables, antioxidants and fat burning spices. This recipe is vegan, gluten free and dairy free.. not to mention, super delicious! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Sweet Potatoe
- 1/2 Bunch of Kale
- 8-10 Stalks of Asparagus
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Avocado
- 1/8 Cup Hemp hearts (optional)
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Chop Onions, Sweet Potatoe, Kale, Asparagus and set aside.
- Mince garlic cloves and set aside.
- In a medium pot cook 1 cup of Quinoa with 2 cups filtered water and set aside once finished
- (Optional: Toss in 1/8 cup of raw hemp hearts into quinoa after its been cooked for extra nutrition)
- In a large pan add Coconut oil and bring heat to medium
- Add chopped Onions, Sweet potatoes, Kale, Asparagus, Garlic and toss as needed.
- In pan, add a dash of each: Salt, Pepper, Cinnamon
- Cook vegetables in pan until soft (or cooked to your liking)
- In a small container combine Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar, Salt, Pepper, Turmeric, Cinnamon and stir
- Mix this sauce in with your cooked Quinoa
- In a single serve bowl, place 1/2 cup quinoa at bottom and top with 1/2 cup cooked veggies
- Top your buddha bowl with 1/2 of an avocado as a garnish
Want to save this for later? Pin the image below to your Pinterest Boards for safe keeping!